GATE 2017: Candidates applied for GATE are completely busy with their books preparing for the exam as the date of Exam is not so far. Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering (GATE) is a National level Entrance test taken by all the candidates who seek admission for Post Graduation courses from top colleges and institutions all over the country. GATE test score is also used as one of the qualifying points in many public sector undertakings(PSU’s) for recruiting in entry level jobs.
The GATE entrance examination is organized by the top institutions i.e seven IIT’s located at various places in India namely, The Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian institutions throughout the country – IIT Bombay, Guwahati, Delhi, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Roorkee, and Madras. This year GATE exam is to be held internationally in Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates for the admission in IIT’s and IIS. The international GATE website portal will also be available soon.
Lakhs of Candidates applied for GATE this year and IIT Roorkee, the exam organizing institution has listed 263 rejected applications on its official website due to lack of educational qualification or the invalid provided details. So let you be careful and check here the list of rejected applications.
As per the notification, the elegibility criteria for a candidate is either to be in Master’s degree in computer applications or a final year of bachelor’s (or an equivalent degree) in engineering or architecture or science etc.
Check the Online Exam Dates: Important Dates to Remember:
Name of the Examination: GATE (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering)
Admit Card/Hall tickets: 5 January 2017(Thursday)
Date of Online Examination: February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
Announcement of Result: 27 March 2017(Monday)
GATE 2017: Download your Admit Card/Hall Ticket here
- logon to the official website – www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
- Click on the Link Download the Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- Fill in your required details like Enrollment Id and Email Address in the fields provided.
- Click on the submit button.
- Now Download the Admit Card or your Hall Ticket.
- Take a printout or save the hall ticket.
List of Things need to carry to the Examination:
- Admit Card and an id proof that marks your identity such as
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- College ID
- If employee, then carry Employee Identification Card
- Candidate is mentioned to be present at least before entering the Examination hall.
- Candidates are strictly prohibited from bringing any of Electronic devices such as mobile phones, calculators, wrist watches etc. For calculations virtual Calculator is provided on the screen.